The cost of getting to and from work may add up quickly, depending on how far you commute and how you travel. Northwestern offers a variety of commuter benefits to help lower the cost of public transit and parking.
See the links below for more information on the commuter benefit for:
The University has partnered with Inspira, formerly PayFlex, a major processor of commuter benefits, to administer our pre-tax Commuter Transit and Parking programs. The campus parking programs administered by Transportation & Parking Services are not included in this benefit. Contact that office directly.
Faculty and staff on paid or unpaid leaves of absence are not eligible for the commuter benefits.
If you wish to place a new order or change an existing order, you must log into inspirafinancial.com before the monthly cutoff date (5th of each month) and shut off your deduction. If you do not place or update your order before the cutoff date you will receive your transit benefit for one more month. No refunds or adjustments can be provided.
The program offers the following benefits:
- Pre-tax Payroll Deductions;
- Easy online enrollment through the Inpsira, formerly PayFlex portal (inspirafinancial.com);
- A single monthly deduction covering the total of all your transit deductions;
- Ability to enroll for commuter parking benefits for parking at commuter train station parking lots;
- No forms to complete and submit. Everything is done online.
- To enroll, see the Parking Program page or Transit Pass Program page. Or, view the complete guide, Enrolling in Commuter Benefits Quick Steps.
- How to use the Inspira commuter benefit to buy Metra passes using the Ventra card and Ventra app.
- Any questions regarding logging in to or navigating the Inspira portal should be directed to Inspira at (800) 284-4885.
For answers to additional questions regarding this new program, please see our Questions & Answers page.