LinkedIn Learning Courses
All Northwestern faculty, staff, and students have access to LinkedIn Learning, an online library of thousands of courses and videos covering business, creative, and technical skills for learners at all levels.
Access LinkedIn Learning
: All LinkedIn Learning courses are now also available through myHR Learn
Log into myHR Learn using your NetID and password.
Search for any topic or course in the search bar.
Through LinkedIn Learning: As you sign in to the Northwestern LinkedIn Learning account, you are given the option to connect your personal LinkedIn professional profile (if you have one).
- If asked for an email address, enter your "northwestern.edu" email address.
- Sign in with your NetID and password.
- You will be presented with an option:
- Connect your personal LinkedIn profile to your learning account OR
- Continue without connecting. (You can always connect at another time in the future.)
What does LinkedIn Learning have to offer?
- Personalize your learning. Get recommendations from LinkedIn Learning based on your job title, skills, interests, and industry.
- Socialize your learning. Post questions to your LinkedIn professional network or join discussions hosted by others on LinkedIn Learning topics.
- Display your accomplishments. Every time you complete a course, you will receive a digital badge that can be added to your profile for others to see, if you choose.
Get a sneak preview of LinkedIn Learning features
A brief introduction to LinkedIn Learning for Lynda.com users highlighting the benefits and functionality of LinkedIn Learning.
How do I access LinkedIn Learning?
Do I need a personal LinkedIn profile?
- No, you do not need a personal LinkedIn profile to use LinkedIn Learning with your Northwestern NetID and password.
- Want a personal LinkedIn profile? Sign up to join LinkedIn.
Can I connect my LinkedIn personal profile to my Northwestern LinkedIn Learning account?
Yes, this is an option. LinkedIn gives you the option the first time you log in, or anytime thereafter.
Why might you do this?
- Personalize your learning experience. Get recommendations from LinkedIn Learning based on your job title, skills, interests, and industry.
- Socialize your learning. Post questions to your professional network or join discussions hosted by others on LinkedIn Learning topics.
- Display your accomplishments. Every time you complete a learning path and course, you will receive a digital badge of completion that can be added to your profile.
Why might you decide not to do this?
- You may prefer to separate your professional profile from your learning account.
- You may not have a LinkedIn profile, or have the time to create one.
- You may need time to retrieve a lost username or password.
- If you decide to create a new profile, for the very best user experience, log out of your LinkedIn profile prior to activating your LinkedIn Learning account.
Do I have to pay a fee for courses within LinkedIn Learning?
- Northwestern faculty, staff, and students have unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning through their university affiliation. When you leave the university, you will lose access.
How to: Get LinkedIn Learning courses
Follow these instructions, How to: Get LinkedIn Learning Course URLs , or the steps below, to add LinkedIn Learning courses to your web sites or syllabi going forward and to update legacy links (to lynda.com).
- Login to LinkedIn Learning.
- Click “Go to Admin.” Note: If you do not see Go to Admin on the right side of the banner, contact the NUIT help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for LinkedIn Admin access.
- Click Content.
- Search for the course.
- Next to the course title, click More.
- Click Get SSO URL. Result: the URL is copied to the clipboard.
- Paste the URL where needed.