The Lead Others courses offer managers the knowledge, skills, and practical tools they need to engage and develop their teams to deliver breakthrough results, and navigate a changing work reality.
Created in partnership with schools and units across campus, Manager Foundations is designed to develop skilled, confident and connected leaders to support Northwestern’s mission and culture.
Manager Foundations is an anchor program for managers new to a management role at Northwestern in the past two years, with preference given to those with at least two direct reports.
This interactive program spans two months and encompasses approximately 32 hours of learning across various modalities; learn on your own, learn with your cohort in synchronous sessions, and learn on the job with your team of direct reports.
By program completion, managers will:
- Understand the manager's role at Northwestern and acquire the skills required for team management
- Have an increased awareness of their leadership style
- Understand motivations, communication styles, and interests of their team members
- Know Northwestern philosophies, practices, resources, and policies to support managerial success
- Develop new relationships with manager peers and mentors
There will be two cohorts offered in a hybrid and a virtual format.
- Fall Hybrid program runs from October-December 2022.
- Winter Virtual program runs from February-March 2023. (Please note: registration for the winter program is now closed, please fill out the FY24 Interest Form for future program dates.)
FY23 Program dates can be found here!
Please note: Northwestern's investment in leadership development has made it possible to offer Manager Foundations via a 50/50 co-funding module at a cost of $200 per participant for schools and units in FY23.
For more information or registration support please email: email@example.com
Additional workshops include:
- Managing the Employee Lifecycle on-demand video series
- Active Inclusion (please note that Unconscious bias workshop is a pre-requisite for this workshop)