Skip to main content

Pay and Taxes

Learn about getting paid by Northwestern University, including accessing and understanding your paycheck, using direct deposit and more.

Your paycheck

If you are an employee or graduate student, you can view your paycheck information online at anytime in myHR. After logging in, click the Pay tile, and then select My Paycheck.

See your paycheck in myHR

Payment information


You must complete Form W-4 so that the University can withhold the correct amount of tax.  Access these tax forms, as well as those required for annual tax returns.

All Tax Information 

Tax information for foreign nationals and nonresidents

Foreign nationals with earned income and nonresidents on F or J visas without income must file a U.S. tax return. Learn about how tax residency is determined and how to apply for a Social Security Number or Tax ID Number. 

More on taxes for this audience