About Compensation Services
The Compensation team designs, implements and maintains pay programs for staff through consultation and administrative services.
- Designing and implementing policies and principles to ensure fair and competitive pay practices across the University
- Providing local Human Resources professionals and administrators with guidance and recommendations on staff compensation
- Evaluating roles to ensure pay practices align to external market standards, and encourage internal equity
- Researching and analyzing relevant external benchmarks to assist schools/units with salary planning and strategic pay decisions (including reclassification and/or promotion)
- Ensuring staff roles are classified appropriately in compliance with the Fair Labor Standards Act and other state regulations
The Compensation team does not administer compensation plans for faculty, temporary workers, independent contractors, students, research staff, post docs, adjuncts and union staff.